Sports, whether football, basketball, hockey or soccer, has the power to bring strangers together, bring cities together, even bring countries together, as people revel in the thrill of competition, bask in the glory of victory, to blunt the agony of defeat. In this episode, Matt and Chris focus not on the sports themselves, but how sports stories, through real life and pop culture, find their way into the public square and reshape the narratives of entire cities.
- Moneyball: The Art Of Winning An Unfair Game – Wikipedia
- "The Impact Professional Sports Have On American Society" – Sporting Life 360
- Draft Day – Wikipedia
- "Canada's Game, Commodified" – Matt Dusenbury
- "Redskins Name Change: Controversy Continues To Build As Washington Prepares For 2014 NFL Season" – International Business Times
- "How Sports Leagues Use iBeacons To Compliment In-Stadium SMS" – MobileMarketer