Finally, fall is upon us. And with the shortening of the days and changing colour of the leaves comes another seasonal hallmark: iPhone upgrades. This month, Apple hit its annual refresh of its flagship device, to oohs and ahhs and even a few people exclaiming, "that's it?"
This week, we look at the history of iPhone announcements: the hype, build up, the rumours and leaks before the big release. Apple is a company that knows how to tell a great story, and the iPhone is its bestseller.
- Apple September Event 2014 – YouTube
- "Timeline Of Apple iPhone Rumours (1999-2007)" – FierceWireless
- "This Is How Apple Rolls" – MacWorld
- "The Watch Punt" – Marco.org
- "Apple Sold A Record 4 Million iPhones In 24 Hours" – The Verge