What's in your wallet? Chances are its contents are the same as ours, and everyone else. Identification, a bit of cash, and cards. Oh, the cards. Credit cards, loyalty cards, and discount cards. Every slot in your wallet is probably filled with similar looking cards with a plastic strip.
ach one of those multicoloured rectangles is tied to a system, one that's well established, and we've been using for years. For most shoppers, these plastic cards just...are. They exist. It's how things are done.
...but what if they weren't?
- Apple Pay
- Google Wallet
- Merchant Customer Exchange (MCX)
- "Retailers Are Disabling NFC Readers To Shut Out Apple Pay" – The Verge
- "Maker Of Apple Pay Competitor Has Already Been Hacked" – re/code
- "In-depth Look At CurrentC And The Personal Data They Want To Collect" – iMore
- "Failed CurrentC" – Snarketing 2.0