From the desk, to the lap, to the pocket, and now the wrist. This past Monday, Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook took the stage to give his company’s latest product a proper release. Much more than a rehashing of what was announced last September, this week’s event marked a shift in the discussion around Apple Watch, away from technology and form factor, toward small, subtle, everyday uses.
The foundation now laid, we’re about to see the company’s first foray into the wearables market. In this episode, Chris speaks with Apple analyst Neil Cybart of Above Avalon about how the Watch may affect our lives, and Matt rants against Apple's latest marketing misstep.
- Apple Watch: The Watch Reimagined – YouTube
- 026: One More Thing...
- 027: Y'See This Watch?
- "Apple Watch: Asking Why And Saying No" – Stratechery
- "How Apple Will Make The Wearable Market" – Stratechery
- Above Avalon by Neil Cybart
- "Marketing Implications From BuzzFeed's Apple Watch Demo Video" – Above Avalon
- Neil Cybart on Twitter