Earlier this week, two big announcements shook the world of TV news. HuffPost Video announced it’d be going away in a major shake-up, and Al Jazeera America would be shutting down all cable TV and digital operations by the end of April. So much for being the smart person’s CNN.
We keep hearing that video is the future. So what it the future of video? And it today’s world, where we demand every more information at the tap of an app, what is the future of video for news? This week we hope to find out.
- "R.I.P. Al-Jazeera America: Tired Cable TV News Joins 'HuffPost Live' In Latest Flunk" – The Observer
- "Al-Jazeera America To Shut Down In April" – CNN Money
- "The Death Of 'HuffPost Live': How To Fail At Video" – The Observer
- "A Big Pivot For HuffPost Video" – Capital New York
- NowThis News
- "Why Buzzfeed Is The Most Important News Organization In The World" – Stratechery
- "4 Things Broadcast News Needs To Stop Doing Immediately" – Medium