Presidential election cycles aside, the reality of day-to-day life can be a little, well, dull. We fill our down time with games and movies and Facebook, but those experiences, while positive in their own ways, can’t quite measure up to the experience of reality itself. They’re worlds are too small, too fragile, too easily shattered by life.
But what if you could build whole new realities? Ones with just as much depth as our own, where you can jump from story to story and be the hero in a thousand different worlds?
That’s the immersive power of virtual reality, and it’s one that we finally seem to be on the cusp of achieving.
- 040 – "I Don't Know What's Real"
- "Oculus Co-Founder: Hand-Tracking Controllers Were Never Part Of The Launch Plan" – ArsTechnica
- Ben Bajarin – Twitter
- "Oculus VR's Palmer Luckey Things Playstation VR Was Priced Well At $399" – TechnoBuffalo
- Microsoft Hololens
- "@MichelleObama" – The Verge
- "Rock Band VR Makes You The Dorkiest-Looking Rock Star Ever" – The Verge
- We Need To Talk – Television #14: Before Daredevil, Season 2 – CSICON