Dozens of apps have sprung up to compete in the ongoing war for attention. Some are bigger than others, like Facebook. Some are better than others, like Instagram…that’s owned by Facebook.
There is, however, an unmistakable trend: that images are replacing the written word. That is at least in part the reason why Snapchat, the photo-based messaging app has for the first time crossed Twitter, that old social media stalwart, in the number of daily active users. With snaps on the rise and tweets declining, what does this tell us about the stories of the future?
- "Snapchat Passes Twitter In Daily Usage" – Bloomberg
- "Snapchat Reportedly Has More Users Than Twitter. What Does That Mean For News?" – NiemanLab
- "Twitter Gets NFL Thursday Night Games For A Bargain Price" – Bloomberg
- 092: Real Talk
- Spark – A Talkshow By The Campfire Project
- 094: Secret Wars
- "Peter Thiel vs. Gawker vs. Everyone" – Medium