In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s an election year in the States – one of the most rocky and chaotic in living memory, in fact. News seems to break not just daily, but nearly hourly, thanks to social media in general, and Twitter in particular. The years-long campaign has shown the intrinsic value of the service. But the company? Not so much. as it continues to struggle to find solid footing or a suitor.
Twitter’s story is of a company so valuable while at the same time, not worth it. That’s worth exploring.
- "No Partner In Sight, Twitter Faces Tough Solo Choices" – Reuters
- "Twitter And What Might Have Been" – Stratechery
- "Partisan Twitter Bots Distorting US Presidential Candidates' Popularity" – CBC News
- "The Price I've Paid For Opposing Donald Trump" – National Review
- "3 Ways Journalists Should Use Twitter Moments" – Thoughts On Journalism