Beats Electronics has done it. Founded by hip-hop producer Dr. Dre and Interscope Records chairman Jimmy Iovine, the company known for making slick, colourful headphones endorsed by countless celebrities, athletes and artists has carved out an impressive niche in an ailing industry. Now, it's rumoured the company is about to be acquired for billions. Is this a turning point? Music is more than just sound. It's an energy. A lifestyle. It's fashion and technology, wrapped in a band and fitted snugly on your head. The story of Beats is the future of music.
- What Is Beats Audio? – YouTube
- "Apple In Final Talks To Acquire Beats Electronics For $3.2b, Deal Could Be Announced Next Week" – 9to5Mac
- "Beat By Dre: The Inside Story Of How Monster Lost The World" – Gizmodo
- "The Epic Visual History Of Beats By Dre" – The Verge
- "Blackberry And Singer Alicia Keys Part Ways" – The Verge